Llorente sets departure date
Spanish striker Fernando Llorente has said he will run out his contract with Athletic Bilbao meaning he will be a free agent come next summer. This will put many of Europe’s elite on red alert with Arsenal, Juventus and Manchester United already linked with the 27-year-old last summer.
“I am going to leave on June 30,” Llorente said. Athletic had previously tried to convince Llorente to stay after blocking negotiations with other clubs in August 2012, however Llorente, who expressed his will to leave during the summer, has not seen anything to change his mind. This doesn’t come as a surprise to many after the Spaniard, with 82 goals in 244 games for Athletic since joining in 2005, was dropped to the bench at the beginning of the season by manager Marcelo Bielsa and has remained there ever since, making just 1 start and scoring just 1 goal.
View original post 133 more words